The Directorate shall provide the funds to exercise the duties from its scope of activities encompassing:
- fees and charges prescribed by Air Transport Law payable to the Directorate;
- portion of charges paid in accordance with the Multilateral Agreement on Route Charges or other ratified international agreements and the portion of terminal charges set up by annual cost base for the performance of regulatory and oversight functions;
- charges for the promotion of air transport paid, through aerodrome operator, by the departing passengers in commercial air transport;
- charges for the promotion of air transport paid, through aerodrome operator, by the aircraft operators per departing tonne of mail and cargo in air transport;
- other sources, in accordance with Air Transport Law.
The Directorate is not funded through the budget of the Republic of Serbia