New Regulation on airspace classes and conditions for their use effective
Regulation on airspace classes in the Republic of Serbia and conditions for their use adopted by the Government of the Republic of Serbia on 04 December 2013 become effective on 06 March 2014.
The Regulation provides application of airspace classes C, D and G with following areas of applicability:
- Class C is applicable from lower limits of controlled airspace (TMA, CTA, UTA) to FL 660, except in controlled zones (CTR) and aerodrome traffic zones (ATZ), when active;
- Class D is applicable in all CTRs within working hours of an Air Traffic Control Unit responsible for the provision of ATS in that CTR, except in ATZs, when active;
- Class G is applicable:
- outside controlled airspace;
- above FL 660;
- in all ATZs up to heights published in Integrated Aeronautical Information Package (IAIP), when ATZs are active, or up to a height approved by responsible ATC Unit,
- in sporting activity areas up to heights published in IAIP, when those areas are active.
The Regulation introduces mandatory use of two-way radio communication in ATZs and provides rules of the air in Radio Mandatory Zones (RMZs) and Transponder Mandatory Zones (TMZs).
Text of the Regulation on airspace classes and conditions for their use may bee found on the page: Law and Bylaws (2014).